San Francisco’s Mat Love and David Sylvester are Two Dudes in Love.
United by a mutual passion for music, Mat and David quickly discovered they were soulmates. They wield their musical and emotional chemistry in equal measure whether they are producing original songs, remixing another artist, or DJing to an audience of happy dancers. The Two Dudes in Love sound includes deep house, classic house, techno, and more. You can hear their latest releases at their SoundCloud page.
Along with Trevor Sigler, David and Mat are co-founders of Friends With Benefits Records. The label has already released Trevor Sigler’s debut LP, a “Schizophrenic” remix EP, and a compilation featuring the poetry of James Broughton in partnership with the documentary film Big Joy. Many more releases are on the way.
Two Dudes in Love are currently working on new original songs and remixes. Recent releases include:
- Remix of “I Wish We Were Leaving” by Bright Light Bright Light ft. Elton John.
- Remix of "Lover" by Walker Lukens
- The single "Schizophrenic" featuring Jinkx Monsoon, winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- The original track "Yellow Box" featured on the Gays Hate Techno compilation
- Debut single "All You Do"
- Remix of "Deviant" by Double Duchess
Between the two of them, Mat and David have DJed in New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, and San Francisco, where they’ve played at the DeYoung Museum, Public Works, Up Your Alley 2012, 222 Hyde, Booty Call, Beaux, Bearracuda, The Stud, and more. Their first several DJ gigs were for parties at Burning Man 2012. They have contributed podcasts to Bottom Forty, Gays Hate Techno, Honey Soundsystem, Electronic Music Bears, and Want It! Radio.